The digital revolution has drastically changed the way we interact with information. Today, businesses, especially in the SaaS sector, are increasingly leveraging blogs to engage with their audience. However, choosing the right technology stack for your blog can be challenging.
In this article, we will delve into two popular methods of delivering website content: Static Site Generation (SSG) and Server Side Rendering (SSR). We will also introduce Tiramisu, a versatile hosting platform that supports both SSG and SSR blogs.
What is Static Site Generation?
Pros of SSG
- Speed: Since everything is pre-rendered, SSG websites are extremely fast as there is no processing time involved at the server end.
- Security: As there is no live server involved, the chances of getting attacked are lower.
- Scalability: Static sites are easy to scale as you just need to serve the pre-generated files.
Cons of SSG
- Lack of real-time content: Since the content is pre-generated, it can't be updated in real-time without a rebuild.
- Build time: If the site is large, it can take a long time to build.
What is Server Side Rendering?
With SSR, the server generates the required HTML for each page on every request. This is contrary to SSG, where HTML is pre-generated at build time. Examples of SSR tools include Next.js (when used for SSR) and Nuxt.js.
Pros of SSR
- Real-time updates: As the HTML is generated on each request, the content can be updated in real-time.
- SEO benefits: Since the full page is served to the client, it could lead to better SEO performance.
Cons of SSR
- Performance: SSR websites can be slower than SSG as the server needs to generate the HTML for each request.
- Scalability: It can be more challenging to scale SSR websites as more requests mean more load on the server.
Tiramisu: A Versatile Hosting Platform
Choosing between SSG and SSR depends on your specific use case. However, with Tiramisu, you get the flexibility to host both SSG and SSR blogs. This means you can choose the technology that suits your needs without worrying about compatibility with your hosting platform.
When it comes to content marketing blogs, the choice between SSG and SSR largely depends on the size of your website, the frequency of content updates, and the desired user experience. Consider these factors, and choose the approach that best suits your needs. Regardless of your choice, platforms like Tiramisu ensure seamless hosting, letting you focus on creating engaging, high-quality content.